Reflection

"Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to the mountain, 'move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." - Matthew 17:20-21

Friday, April 14, 2006

Illegal migrants mass for right to live in US

The Straits Times, 11 April 2006

HOW could it be possible that there are estimated 11 million illegal migrants in US? I cannot believe that there can actually be illegal migrants who have settled there since 1992 or even earlier. I feel cynical that the country is actually 'made' by immigrants. I feel that these immigrants should have the right to live in US. After all they have gone to US not to cause trouble but to find jobs. They love the country because it gives them everything. I really symphathise with these thousands of immigrants and their families who are struggling for their citizenships in US. I do not trust myself to have the same determination and perservation to fight for my rights. I feel that if US government wanted to stop illegal entry into the country, they should have enforced it much earlier. To chase these people who 'belong' here is equal to taking away their attachment to their 'home'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home