Reflection

"Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to the mountain, 'move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." - Matthew 17:20-21

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Singaporeans more sporty, keen on fitness now

Straits Times, 23 March, thursday

OUTSTANDINGLY, jogging still comes in first for male and female singaporeans top preferences for their exercise. It is very encouraging to hear that Singaporeans are more sporty nowadasy. Perhaps this is a result of the rise in sickness and illnesses in Singapore. People have finally seen the need to keep fit and healthy. I feel that exercising is a very good way of relaxing and destressing. It is harmless, healthy and fun! It is also a time for people to bond and know each other better. Although life in the modern society is so busy and hectic daily, there is a need for everyone to fit in a short laspe of time to exercise in their schedule. The simple ones like jogging, running, walking and swimming usually takes up very little time and are best suited for those who dread moving about actively. Otherewise the interesting one can be soccer, dancing and cycling. Interestingly, yoga has become one of the popular sports this year. Many people seek to yoga has a form of mental and physical relaxation. As yoga promotes the clearing of the mind and positioning in different ways, it helps to destress. However i disagree strongly with yoga. Any other methods of exercising are acceptable, except yoga. Yoga is a hindu form of worship to the hindu gods. Every position of the procedure is a form of worship to the god. And the clearing of the mind endangers the spiritual mind of a person. If one is to clear his or her mind, it allows demons to enter the body and affect the whole-being. I do not believe that this is the best form of aerobic exercise good to the body. The others are better forms of relaxation.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Yixian(^.^) said…

    I too believe that exercising is indeed an important activity. It not only keeps us fit and healthy but also provides us a form of relaxation and a way to destress. Just exercising twice a week is sufficient and does not take up much of one's time, it is beneficial yet fun too, thus it is no suprise to me that more and more people are keen on fitness now. I even make it a point to bring my dog along when i go jogging so as to give it its daily share of exercise, exercise is also important to animals to keep them energetic and alert.

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger mickeymonkey said…

    Ahhaa yea its good to keep fit! With such hectic lifestyles many Singaporeans face, its necessary to find time to exercise to maintain a healthy lifestyle..
    I tried jogging..but I started walking, it's tiring. I brought my dog too!! Oreo gets tired so easily.. on the overhead bridge he will lie down and start panting and I will drag him along with me.. literally.. he doesn't mind so I'm ok too! so funn. My doggie exercises by attacking people!! painful.. get this stinging pain.. and blood will start flowing out endlessly.. *shivers
    ouhh I exercise by running, when my dog starts chasing me.. if I can't outrun him.. haha~ fun..
    So exercise is really important!
    hi xiannie, ria!!!

    <3 stef:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home