Reflection

"Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to the mountain, 'move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." - Matthew 17:20-21

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Children: Dad to blame for marriage woes

Straits Times, 27 April 2006

I FEEL unjustified for this lady who has just passed away. I also pity these children who have just lost their both parents, mother and father as a result of their dad's woes. I feel that it is unfair that the muslim law says that a man can have 4 wives and yet a muslim lady is not allowed to be seen with another man who is not her husband. I find it downright unfair that men can have extra-marital affairs and not be punished for their infidelity to their wife. However men become revengeful and violent when they find out that their wives have affairs. I feel that it is important for only one man and one woman to be the proposed couple. Each individual, whether man or woman should be held equally responsible when they commit adultery. I do not agree with the portrayal of Madam Chitrabathy in the negative light of having five affairs during her 20 years of marriage. From my point of view, the accused was just throwing his rage on his wife because of his inferiority to his wife for his wife was the breadwinner of the house after he lost his job. I believe the relationship between husband and wife and parents with children went downhill as a result of breakage in communication. Misunderstanding and frustration leads to jealousy and eventually violence. I really hope that help will come along the way of the left behind and physical and emotional wounds will be healed.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:45 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    I agree with your comments. In the the modern era, women are more capable, as such they should no longer be descrimintaed. At the same time, it is always the children whom suffer when marriage problems occur. In this case, they should put aside what is least important and value what they get from the start.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home