Reflection

"Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to the mountain, 'move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." - Matthew 17:20-21

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Can upgrading promises be fulfilled in next 5 years?

Straits Times, 4 May 2006

I TOO find it puzzling how the PAP can promise upgrading in most GRCs. I wonder how does the Government have sufficient funds to complete the upgrading projects in 5 years? Are they but empty promises just in order that citizens will vote PAP? I feel it hard to understand whether it is true that uncontested wards won't recieve upgrading since there are no opposition parties? I believe the ruling party needs to have opposition parties and competition before they realise how important each constituency is. This then will the people living in that district fully benefit from offers the government provides. I agree that upgrding should be a national decision, and not just one party to make.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Jackson said…

    Five years in the past might be hard for a country because technology still be low and economic rate wasnot high enough for upgrading that country. However, I think this promise from the PAP can be true as the boom growing GDP of Singapore and country technology developing.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Dark Shadow said…

    I asked for the '+5' locations to be emailed to me. not posted as an entry in your blog...please remove it....

    Your grade is 'B+'.

    GCM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home